What Equipment Do I Need To Curl?
First Time Curlers
Items for you to bring for your first time curling:
- Warm, loose-fitting clothes (sweatshirt or sweater)
- Gloves & an optional hat
- Clean sneakers or rubber-soled shoes
- A good nature and sense of humor
Items we’ll supply:
- Great ice
- Curling stones
- Sweeping brooms
Basic Equipment for Regular Curlers
If you decide curling is for you there are two basic pieces of equipment you'll need:
- Curling shoes with attached slider: Sliders are usually made of teflon or stainless steel.
- Removable gripper (anti-slider) to cover your slider foot while you are not throwing your stones.
- Broom: Curling brooms come in a variety of weights and materials including fiberglass and carbon fiber. Modern curling brooms use a cloth head.
Additional equipment you may want:
- Broom head cover to keep your broom clean while not in use.
- Extra broom heads. A dirty broom head is an ineffective broom head.
- Gloves with a grippy surface. Baseball batting gloves or outdoor work gloves can be an option for this.
- Stop watch for timing rocks.
- Directions for making your own stabilizer