|League Info||Member Info||Roster||Schedule||Standings|
Capital League (Wednesday)
- Skill Type/Atmosphere: Competitive / Elite
- Prerequisite: One year (2 half-seasons) of curling experience
- When: Wednesdays, 2 draws (7:15pm & 9:30pm)
- Coordinator: Todd Humora & Mike Kriz
- Commitment: Full season
- Who can sign-up: Teams
- Maximum of 16 teams
Capital League is designed to support the highest level of curling in the club. It is a team-regulated league in terms of talent and level of experience of players, which is what drives the league to keep raising the level of play. While no pre-qualified member is excluded, this is not a league for curlers to expect mentoring, training, or hand-holding, but rather is a league for experienced members to primarily focus on their own goals.
League Priorities for Teams:
- The goal is to be highest-performing team of the season.
- An interim goal is to make the playoffs.
- Teams strive for consistent releases to use timing systems, consistent power to use a range of take-out weights, and consistent rock placement for game strategy. When everyone can do this, it raises the level of competition for everyone. The Capital League is a place to see these things being role modeled.
- The teams determine systems, intensity, difficulty, and goal-setting. They are also driving the quality of strategy and shooting percentage.
Important Dates for 2019-2020 Season Registration:
- Capital League registration OPENS Sunday, August 4th, 2019 at 2:00pm
- Capital League registration will CLOSE on Sunday, August 18th, 2019 at 2:00pm
- Play-in games are scheduled for September 25th and October 2nd, 2019
- League play starts Wednesday, October 9th, 2019