Thursday Night Open
|League Info||Member Info||Roster||Schedule||Standings|
Thursday Night Open
Hello Everyone! This is your one-stop shop for all information pertaining to Thursday Open League. This is a semi-competitive league for both men and women that emphasizes fun, learning, and the spirit of curling. Open League is a great choice whether it's your first season or your 20th. All the details on league structure and rules are below.
Who will earn the Championship Belt (TM) this year? Sign up for Thursday Open League and it could be you!
GOOD CURLING! DURUM PROPERARE!
This document contains all the major rules pertaining to our league. Please be sure to read it for any and all rule changes.
Thursday Mixed/Open League Conditions of Play
- Those members in good standing may participate in the league. Teams, individuals and couples may enter. The league is a mixed/open format. However, teams of all women or all men may also play. Teams may carry,and are encouraged to carry a fifth player. The league will be capped at 16 teams. The league will have an even number of teams to ensure there are no byes even if that entails three person teams.
- League format will depend on the amount of teams playing in the league. If the league consists of 11 teams or less, the league will have a round robin format. If there are 12 to 16 teams, the league will be divided up into divisions. The league coordinators shall set up the divisions. The coordinators will make the divisions as balanced as possible. There will not a more experienced division and a less experienced division for example.
- The winner of the league will be the winner of the league playoffs. The league playoffs will take place the last two weeks of the half season. The playoffs will consist of the following method:
- Teams finishing 1st and 2nd in their group will play a 4-team single-elimination tournament as the “A” event. The winner of the “A” Event is the league champion and receives the Championship Belt.
- Teams finishing 3rd and 4th in their group will play in the “B” event for the Intercontinental Championship Belt (White Belt of Kinda-Goodness).
- Teams finishing 5th and 6th in their group will play in the “C” event for the Cruiserweight Championship Belt (Kid’s Belt of Mediocrity).
- Teams finishing 7th and 8th in their group will play in the “D” event for the Hardcore Championship Belt (A Bit of Rope from Steve’s Trunk).
- The coordinators reserve the right to change the names of the events at any time.